Mommy Confessional

Saturday, July 24, 2010

The run-around

I've had quite an adventure the last few days. Not the kind of andevture that I love, but the painful one that sends you to the doctors or in my case urgent care. My cat Captain Jack (aka Jack) likes to sleep on my pillow by my head. Not sure why he does it just that he does. He got scared, thanks to my DH and had a freak-out while I was sleeping. I awoke to Jack running across my have and his claws scratching my left eye. I was scared. It hurt really bad. I ran into the bathroom to see the damage and low and behold my eye was bleeding. His claws managed to scratch my upper eye lid and puncture my lower lid and scratch the bottom portion on my eye ball.


It hurt to say the least. My eye was so filled with blood that I looked like one of the Volturri from the Twilight Saga...NO JOKE! I had to clean my eye out that night then the next day I called to see a doctor but none of the clinics had any available doctors who could check my eye. So I sucked it up and went to urgent care. I got very lucky and was the only one there! That brightened my spirits. I was only there for about a half hour to fourty-five minutes and was out. I got very lucky that the scratch Jack gave my eye was small and minimal damage. I was given anti-biotic eye drops and an oral anti-biotic to help fight infection. I even had my eye dyed neon green by the doc so he could see the cut with the black light. It was funny. So I leave and go drop of my prescription at Rite-Aide and call my DH to have him pick them up after work. DH goes to get them and was told that our insurance doesn't cover the oral antibiotic so I didn't get it. I hop on the phone and call Urgent Care to get them to change the brand and was told that I had to call up Rite-Aide and have them contact Urgent Care otherwise they couldn't do it. So I call Rite-Aide and ask the girl to go so. She says she will. About an hour later I get a text sayiing that its ready. I call to double check and the girl says that Urgent care told her that I would have to go back in and be seen by the doctor to have the meds change. I WAS FUMMING! Then the girl at Rite-Aide says that my insurance does cover the meds just not the off-brands. I asked her why my DH was told that it wasnt covered and why I wasnt told this the first time I called. All she said was that they were out of the brand name and I could either wait till monday or have it filled at another Rite-Aide by going and asking them to contact them and have the prescription transfered. I asked her why she couldnt just do it all over the phone for me that why should I do all this leg work again when they all gave m bad info the first time around. She proceeds to call the other Rite-Aide I asked her too and turns out they dont have it either. So I gave up and said Id wait to monday and that it better be there like she told me. I let her know I was very upset at them giving me the run around and that they should have just told us the truth from the begining. My mental pain was almost worse than the physical at this point. I had two diffent places feeding me wrong info and giving me the run around. This is the last thing you want to deal with when you don't feel well. The bigger problem is that this isnt a one time accurance. Rite-Aide does this to me all the time. I would go back to Walgreens but they're worse. People just don't believe in good customer service anymore. Even in small towns the customer service is just in the toilet. It's sad to see. You have people like me who have 10 tears of customer service and retail experience who cant find a job because this economy sucks right now and you have the ones who dont know what customer service means getting jobs left and right. I think business's need to re-evaluate their priorities and get back to serving the customers instead of pushing them out the door as quickly as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment