Mommy Confessional

Friday, July 23, 2010

The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner


I just finished reading 'The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner' by Stephenie Meyer and loved it! All you book-a-holics and Twi-hards out there should add this to your must read next list! I love how Meyer really commiteted to getting into Bree's character and have us Bree's view of the world. Everything was different through Bree's eyes, even her death. In this book two characters stand out, Diego and Fred. I would love it if Meyer decided to expand on these characters as well. I can tell that there is a lot more going on with Fred than this book depicted and knowing that his story continues theres so much i'd love to know. Things like whats going through his mind while Riley speaks to the coven, why he didn't want to go hunting that one particular night, and a few others that I cant say because it would give too much away. In the begining of the book Meyer wrote a letter to the readers saying how she hoped we'd fall in-love with Bree as much as she has even though we all know how her story ends. I have to say I was already loving her character from the book and movie Eclipse. This book just solidified the fact that Bree would be in our heart like Bella, Edward and Jacob are in our hearts. R.I.P. Bree Tanner 'She never got a change to prove herself or live either of her lives to the fullest'

No comments:

Post a Comment