Mommy Confessional

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

10/21/2011

Childrens's Hospital doctors consulted with UCSF Surgeons and they decided Liam needs a Gtube. A Gtube has the same concept as an ngtube. it goes straight to the stomach. The difference is it is surgically inserted through the abdomen wall into the stomach. The reason were doing this and not sticking with the ngtube is because with the ngtube there is a chance of his tube migrating up and slipping back down and going into the lungs. That would be very bad because then his feedings go into the lungs drowning him. He needs to be on continuos feeds 20 hours out of 24 hours in the day because of his gastritous and reflux. Its alot safer and allows us to give him the callories and volume he needs to grow. Please pray for Liam he will be having surgery sometime next week. We thank you all for your prayers and support.
************
Dear Santa,
Its been a rough year and I feel Ive been good. Everything seems to be breaking around me. My truck, my dryer and my son (to some extent) are just a few examples. I feel Ive handled it all very well so I should be rewarded. Santa this year for Christmas I just want something that works. If I could choose one thing to work I would without a doubt or second thought choose my son. I will gladly forfeit all future Christmas, birthday, mothers day, anniversary and any other gifts for the rest of my life for this one gift. Being said, I feel that such a selfless act should not go without reward and feel I should be able to choose that reward. I choose my son. I dont need any fancy wrapping, no bows, or streamers. No bling or glitter. I dont even need it to be under the tree when I wake up Christmas morning. So please Santa, just this once, grant me my wish.
-Liams Mommy

P.S.
If I promise to be good every year would you find a cure and answers to CDH?

No comments:

Post a Comment