Mommy Confessional

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Unemployment & Seasonal Jobs

I worked as a tax preparer during tax season and had hopes that I would get unemployment from doing so. Actually was specifically told that I would because it was a seasonal job. In December 2010 I attended one paid meeting and earned $27. Then I started work in January 1st through April 18Th. After my last day I applied for unemployment knowing that yes according to EDD I was eligible. Today I get this notice in the mail and according to EDD and their "quarterly" crap their doing I'm getting jack. Not one dollar, not one penny. And why you ask?? Because they went off wages I made in March 2010, June 2010, September 2010 and December 2010. I've been a stay at home mom since March of 2008 shortly after my daughter was born, so I have no wages to report....except $27 in December for a paid meeting and $7.41 in June 2010 from a settlement I received from Home Depot. I just don't understand how they can just push aside all the money I made January 2011 through April 18 2011 and say I don't deserve a damn penny. Now if I wait until July or September and refile I might actually get something because then they'd have to go off the wages I made. So annoyed and P.O.ed right now. It just isn't right how they screw people. We've become dependant off the money I was making and now we don't even get a portion of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment