Mommy Confessional

Monday, September 13, 2010

2 year old trials

Having a 2 year old can get pretty stressful, trying and just plain hair ripping. It deffinately test your paitents and faith. Yesterday my Buggie was watching cartoons in her cousins room while we were all watching football. She was alone for 5 minutes before we went to check on her. Somehow in the 5 minutes she got a hold of pink nail polish that her cousin didn't even know where it came from, and proceeded to paint her toe nails. Miraculously she avoided getting the nail polish anywhere but her one toe. THANK YOU LORD! She didn't even do that bad of a job either. Before she got a hold of the nail polish she had gotten her hands on a jaw breaker that was like brand new and managed to eat enough to leave a large flat spot on top and a million little teeth marks all over it. I was on edge all day after that just waiting to see what disasterous thing she would do next. I got lucky and she was well behaved after those two incidents. Today she gets a hold of my mascara I had in my purse and snuck it to her room. A few minutes later we hear her crying. I ran into her room to find her legs, arms and half her face covered in mascara. Not to mention her cloathes and bedding. I took 20 minutes of scrubbing in the shower of scrubbing to get it all off. Then after dinner she gets into her closet and proceeds to try on all her cloathes. There wasnt a item of cloathing left on the lower rack. That was only the last two days worth of events. It's hard to stay calm and just try to reason with a 2 year old to get them to understand what they did wrong and that the shouldnt do that again. Not impossible, just trying. The good thing is that I can take a few deep breaths and remind myself that the trrible two's dont last forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment